31st Annual Casa de Campo Open
September 12-16, 2012
I would like to invite you to participate in the 31st Annual Casa de Campo Open from September 12–16, 2012. The Casa de Campo Open is a great tradition in the Caribbean and over 300 people attended last year’s 30th Anniversary. Like always, we have many special activities in store for the attendees.
The tournament will be a 54-hole event using the modified stableford system and will be played on the Teeth of the Dog, Dye Fore and Links. Golf Magazine and Links Magazine rank the Teeth of the Dog in the top fifty in the World, we have added a new nine holes at Dye Fore and the Links has been totally renovated so you are in for a golf treat like no other.
Prizes will be awarded to gross and net winners in all divisions, plus net senior, super senior, master senior and Elite seniors. On Sunday, we will have the Third Annual Caddy/Amateur Scramble tournament with a 7:30am shotgun start. The entry fee will be $50.00us per amateur and will be limited to the first 60 amateurs to register with a caddy. Indexes must be emailed to us no later than Sept. 3rd and will not be adjusted when you check in at the Golf Pro Shop upon arriving at Casa de Campo.
On the enclosed flyer you will find the schedule of events, the package and the entry form. Because we are limiting the entries to 240 players (no exceptions), we suggest that you email your application as soon as possible. You can always register online or email your entry form with credit card information to email@example.com . A deposit will not be required upon registration but the cost of your entire package will be charged on, or after, July 30th to your credit card. If you register after July 30, full payment will be required upon registration. If you cancel after July 30th or do not show, $250.00us will not be refunded and will be used as a cancellation penalty. The balance between the cancellation penalty and your package will be refunded. Phone entries will not be accepted and the deadline to register is August 25th, 2012, or whenever we reach 240 players.
The Casa de Campo Open packages are always a great value and include: Golf Lodge, or Elite accommodation, one transportation cart per room, breakfast, lunch and dinner daily, unlimited drinks in all hotel bars and restaurants, drinks at the Oasis bars and carts on the golf courses during the three tournament rounds, a welcome dinner and cocktail party, an awards dinner and cocktail party, tournament favors, unlimited green fees, carts, range balls, club storage, over $25,000.00us in prizes, airport transfer from La Romana, Santo Domingo or Punta Cana Airport , tax and service charge.
Please make your plane reservation as soon as you can because flights fill out quickly. American Airlines has a daily flight from Miami to La Romana, plus Jet Blue provides great options from many cities in the US to Santo Domingo Airport. Our friends from the Caribbean and South America usually fly to Santo Domingo Airport so we will provide free transportation by Tropical Tours to and from La Romana, Santo Domingo or Punta Cana Airport.
If you have any questions concerning the tournament, do not hesitate to call us at 809-523-8115 / 8215, or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be happy to hear from you. We hope you invite your friends to come along but do not wait too long as the tournament fills up fast. I look forward to seeing you in September.
Gilles E. Gagnon
Director of Golf Operations
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Tuesday September 11
- All players must register for the event at the Teeth of the Dog Golf Pro Shop on Tuesday from 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm or Wednesday from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Wednesday September 12
- Registration and practice round from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Please call the Starters at Ext # 3158 for Teeth of the Dog or Links and # 2738 for Dye Fore
- 7:00 pm Transportation to Minitas from the Conference Center or you can go by transportation cart.
- 7:15 pm Welcome Reception in Playa Minitas
- 8:00 pm Welcome dinner at Playa Minitas
Thursday September 13
- 6:30 am Breakfast at the Lago Grill
- 8:00 am Shotgun at Teeth of the Dog for Division D & Ladies
- 8:15 am Shotgun on Links for Divisions A & C
- 7:30 am Transportation to the Dye Fore from the parking area Teeth of the Dog
- 8:30 am Shotgun at Dye Fore for Division C
Friday September 14
- 6:30 am Breakfast at the Lago Grill
- 8:00 am Shotgun at Teeth of the Dog for Divisions A & B
- 8:15 am Shotgun on Links for Division C
- 7:30 am Transportation to Dye Fore from the parking area dogtooth
- 8:30 am Shotgun at Dye Fore & D Division for Ladies
Saturday September 15
- 6:30 am Breakfast at the Lago Grill
- 8:00 am Shotgun at Teeth of the Dog for Division C
- 8:15 am Shotgun on Links for Division D & Ladies
- 7:30 am Transportation to Dye Fore from the practice field
- 8:30 am Shotgun at Dye Fore for Divisions A & B
- 7:15 pm Awards Cocktail Conference Center Flamboyán
- Awards Dinner 8:00 pm in the Conference Center Flamboyán
- 8:45 pm Music & Dance
Sunday September 16
- 7:00 am Breakfast at the Lago Grill
- 7:45 am Shotgun for the 3rd annual Caddy / Amateur event at Teeth of the Dog
- 12:30 pm Amateur Awards Presentation at 19th Hole Bar at Teeth of the Dog
The winners in all flights will be determined by using a Modified Stableford Point System. Players will only play in flights they qualify for according to their handicaps from the white tees for the men and red tees for the ladies on the Teeth of the Dog using the index from their clubs. Players without official handicap will not be accepted. Prizes will be awarded in net and gross divisions.
|Bogey||1 Point||Eagle||4 Points|
|Par||2 Points||Double Eagle||5 Points|
|Birdie||3 Points||Triple Eagle||6 Points|
HOLE IN ONE
Players can register for the optional activity “Hole in One” for a fee of $ 10.00us or RD $ 400.00. All hole in ones during tournament rounds split the money collected. If there are no hole in ones, half the money will be donated to charity and the other half will be used for closest to the pin on Saturday.
Division A = Blue Tees/ SS & MS = White Tees
Division B / C / D = White Tees
Ladies = Red Tees
S – Senior (50-59 years old) / SS – Super Seniors (60-69 years old) / MS – Master Seniors (age 70 & older)
* Prizes for all senior, super senior and senior master will be awarded points according to the net only.
- Standard or Elite Accommodation for Four Nights
- One Transportation Cart per Room
- Daily Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner
- Drinks at hotel restaurants and bars
- Drinks on the Oasis bars and carts on the golf courses during tournament rounds
- A Welcome Dinner & Awards Banquet
- Unlimited Green Fees
- Unlimited Carts from Wednesday thru Sunday
- Unlimited Range Balls
- Club Storage & Cleaning
- Special Tournament Favors
- Tournament Entry Fee
- Over $25,000.00us in Prizes
- Complimentary transfer from La Romana, Santo Domingo and Punta Cana Airport
- Golf Staff Gratuities
- Tax & Service Charge on Included Items
- Private housing package does not include a transportation cart.
|Standard Rooms||Elite Rooms|
|* Golfer Double Occupancy (Two people sharing a room)||$ 1,499us P/P||$ 1,613.00us P/P|
|* Golfer Single Occupancy (One person in a room)||$ 1,817.00us||$ 2,029.00us|
|* Non-Golfer Double Occupancy||$ 999.00us P/P||$ 1,130.00us P/P|
|* Private Housing||$ 1,184.00us|
|* Extra Night Double Occupancy||$ 230.00us P/P||$ 266.00us P/P|
|* Extra Night Single Occupancy||$ 309.00us||$ 370.00us|
Extra nights include: deluxe accommodation, one transportation cart, breakfast, lunch, dinner, drinks at hotel restaurants and bars, complimentary green fees, range balls, club storage, tax and service charge.
** Villas package prices only apply if all the rooms in the villa are occupied and will be quoted upon request.
Men & Ladies
Men’s Hdcp. Index of Men
Division A (0 – 8) 0 – 7.3
Division B (9-15) 7.4 – 13.4
Division C (16-24) 13.5 – 21.2
Division D (25-36) 21.3 – 31.7
Ladies Hdcp. Index of Women
Division A (0-12) 0 – 11.3
Division B (13-24) 11.4 – 22.3
Division C (25-36) 22.4 – 33.2
* Seniors (50 – 59 years old)
* Super Seniors (60 – 69 years old)
* Master Seniors (70 – 79 years old)
* Elite Seniors (80 years old and up)
3rd Annual Caddy-Amateur Event
The Caddy-Amateur teams consist of an amateur and a caddy. The format will be a scramble and teams will have to use at least three drives each player excluding par 3. All men will play from the white tees and ladies tees play of red.
Each team is assigned a handicap according to the formula (50% of the lowest handicap plus 20% of the other team member)
The teams will be registered on a first come – first serve basis on Friday before the round. The registration fee is $ 50.00 per team or RD $ 2,000.00. The tournament is limited to the first 50 teams to register.
Please note: The tournament package includes cocktails and dinner Wednesday night and Saturday night. Any charge of dinner for those two nights at any other restaurant will be the responsibility of the guest.